Maxi-Dry couplings are based around a cam and groove connecting method, incorporating a ball valve style operation. Operating the lever on the female half opens and closes the valves in both halves of the coupling. With the safety of being able to disconnect under pressure, this coupling is ideal for many fluid transfer applications. The valve can also be padlocked shut for safety and to prevent theft of fluid.
Maxi-Dry fittings are available in aluminium or stainless steel construction with various seal materials, and they can also be specified with swivel threads. It is always recommended that you confirm the fluid you are using will be compatible with the gasket material. We can help you with this.
Showing 8 products
Part A 1 1/2" Maxi-Dry Adaptor with BSP Female Thread Buna Alum
Part A 2" Maxi-Dry Adaptor with BSP Female Thread Viton Alum
Part A 2" Maxi-Dry Adaptor with BSP Female Thread Viton S/S
Part D 1 1/2 Maxi-Dry Coupler with BSP Female Thread Teflon S/S
Part D 2 Maxi-Dry Coupler with BSP Female Thread Teflon Alum
Part D 2 Maxi-Dry Coupler with BSP Female Thread Teflon S/S
Part D 2 Maxi-Dry Coupler with BSP Female Thread Viton S/S
Showing 8 products
Maxi Dry Features
- Locking handle
- All internal components are stainless steel
- Interchangeable with competitors
- Higher pressure ratings
- Coupler can be drained if necessary to minimize thermal expansion
- Male and female cannot be disconnected while under pressure
- Also available w/Sta-Lok II Cam Arms
- Pad Lock Feature
- Available thread sizes 1 ½”, 2”, 3” & 4”
o Exotic Alloys, Stainless Steel, Aluminium
o Buna, FKM, EPDM, FEP, Chemraz, Kalrez
What Applications Use Maxi-Dry?
The camlock coupler and the camlock adapter have a unique valve assembly that close when the camlock is disconnected. This makes them ideal for applications where an expensive or hazardous fluid is being conveyed (such as paints, chemicals, petroleum, oil, solvents, and detergents).
Maintenance and Taking Care of your Fittings
There are some best practice tips and directions for looking after your fittings. If you coat the threads with an anti-seize lubricant, before connecting Maxi-Dry® to any other threaded pipe or fitting, it will prevent galling.
How to Disassemble your Maxi-Dry Coupling
The Maxi Dry adapter assembly does not have to be removed from your line for maintenance. It is recommended that as part of a service procedure, your couplings should be stripped and assessed for any worn parts, which can be replaced and maintained.
Taking Apart your Maxi-Dry Coupling
1. Unscrew the adapter from the fitting. There will be a small spring force, but the parts can be disconnected without the use of hand tools
2. Remove spring and stem assembly
3. Unscrew the stem end from the adapter being mindful not to cause damage to the surfaces
4. Remove the gasket washer and the gasket from the stem end
5. Clean all parts and inspect for damage and/or excessive wear.
1. Replace the old O-ring for a new one
2. Install a new gasket on the stem end
3. Using a thread-locking fluid, screw on the adapter stem
4. Fit the spring over stem
5. Lubricate and install the new adapter O-ring into the adapter recess
6. Place the spring and stem assembly in the adapter
7. Coat all threads with anti-seize lubricant before reconnecting to prevent galling
8. Insert the fitting over the stem and spring, applying light pressure while screwing
9. Tighten the fitting to the adapter
Regular servicing of your fittings will help to extend the lifetime of the fitting and will help to avoid costly downtime when parts fail. It is worth keeping stock of pare parts such as o-rings and gaskets so if replacements are required there is no lead time while spares are ordered and delivered – it’s straight off the shelf.
Please note: before disassembling of these components, all line pressure must be relieved first.
Please call us to discuss Maxi-Dry or to make an order. Our experienced Technical Sales Team can be reached on +44 (0)1235 512500